Thursday, January 23, 2014

Our New Website

I had done our old site on my first Mac using a program included called iWeb.  It was a WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) web creation tool, easy to use but no longer supported by Apple. Web standards have changed and the program didn't keep up with the new demands.  In fact, when I designed the last site mobile devices were not yet smart so there was no concern about being able to access a site on a variety of platforms. So, despite my trepidation, I bought a grown-up web design tool and committed to learning how to create a modern website.  I kept it intentionally simple for a couple of reasons. One, I wanted to be able to make changes easily down the road and two, I feel that sometimes the glitz distracts from the content.  Hopefully, this will continue to be a work in progress. We plan to add  more before and after photos of cases Terri has done and include some social media. I would love some feedback on the social media aspect as people seem bombarded by facebook, twitter and the like and I don't want to become another annoyance in their lives.  I can see sharing interesting information related to dentistry and overall health, but I can't imagine our patients really wanting to know that I bought a new pair of jeans on sale.  Anyway, here we go. Thanks for taking the time to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment